The Mount Dennis Community Association engages with local policy by building and maintaining strong relationships with agencies and elected officials. The policy change and issues we push for are rooted in environmental justice and equitable development.
The MDCA has been actively working towards making the community an eco-neighbourhood, through the Mount Dennis EcoNeighborhood Initiative. This project is working towards creating a sustainable community that reduces carbon, creates employment, and builds community. Learn about the EcoNeighborhood Initiative in full detail here. If you would like to get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some highlights we have achieved through the eco-neighborhood project include:
We have hosted many community discussions with residents and community groups to address issues of livability, public health, and climate action. Ongoing efforts include:
We support and partake in community efforts towards environmental justice. Some initiatives include:
- hosting spring clean ups and neighborhood events that connect residents to green space and the outdoors
- supporting other neighborhood efforts through mentorship or networking
- informing studies, such as the Pedestrian Safety and Cycling study
We work closely with our local councillor and wider city officials to address community issues and improvements. Efforts range from protecting trees and green space at the risk of being destroyed from developments, to urging for accessibility improvements.
There are many ways you can participate in local government and community issues:
- learn more about becoming a board member for the MDCA – please contact: email@example.com
- contact our local councillor
- join the local neighbourhood planning table, which will connect you to events, issues, and opportunities to make your own impact
- stay connected: