This is a french interview on CBC Radio Canada, hosted by Line Boily and her program Heure De Pointe with Mount Dennis Community Association member Johnny Dib discussing the Eco-Neighbourhood vision of Mount Dennis. These are the highlights from the interview:
- Recent success of the community to scrap the fossil fuel power plant
- Recognition from City officials of our role in the success of TransfromTO
- Recognition at a citizen-organized event on April 4th in City Hall
- Concrete proposals that the MDCA has made, some achieved some underway, like the Eglinton LRT battery, bus routes to the largest employers in Mount Dennis, improvements to cycling infrastructure etc…
- Beyond emissions: the association’s vision for a walkable, livable and healthy community. As well as storm water management and food security.
The host said it’s easier to stop a polluting power plant than to change lifestyle choices. Johnny agreed but reminded the listeners that the emissions-free battery was not an obvious outcome and took months of active pressure. The MDCA is optimistic about the future and is confident that with support from local residents and businesses we can achieve our Eco-Neighbourhood vision.
— L’heure de pointe (@HDPTORONTO) April 5, 2017